Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chillout@Dempsey

I finally managed to catch up with my busy buddy Alex on Friday night. He suggested we meet at some place in Dempsey Road, which has been reinvented as Tanglin Village. I heard a fair bit about this enclave so was eager to find out more.

The first impression I had of the place as I drove some 100 meter into Dempsey Road was - what a mess. The signage only offers block numbers that were previously used to identified the CMPB blocks before they vacated the place. Some part of the roads were in need of illumination. Parking lots were scarce at 10 pm, as most were taken up by dining patrons.

After making one big round around the small lanes, I finally found Alex. We waited for his new found 'brother' Ben, from Hunan, before proceeding to meet the rest of the company who were dining at Wine Network; Evelyn and her bf, Emily and hubby and another girl named Eve.

They had already opened up a bottle of Sauvignon from New Zealand, so we help them cleared what was left. ;-) I quite like it because of the fruity taste.

I ordered a 2005 German Riesling which the waiter claimed is more fruity than the Sauvignon. I beg to differ, but the fragrance left an impression on me.

A word of caution for those who wish to go check out any of the places there, checked out the map first to know where you are heading. It helps, trust me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home