Sunday, December 09, 2007

3 thumbs up for Greenwood, oops for Oosh

Got a birthday treat from Dave at Greenwood. Amazingly, this is the third time I patronized this place within a span of 6 months!

I recommended the oyster, which he ordered and enjoyed thoroughly. I had my fish grilled while he had the pan-sheared Hapuku. Both were quite well done without compromising on the natural fish taste.

But the best has got to be the dessert.

Actually, it was the creme brulee that Dave had that I preferred but I didn't took any pic of it.

Overall, definitely a place that's still worth coming back again.

Dinner was at Oosh at Dempsey Road. Food was alright but the service was what makes a bad first impression on me.

Was there around 7 and as it was still drizzling they had to abandon their alfresco settings for the night. So we were told to wait at the bar while they set up for dinner. Had a beer and waited for 20 minutes and saw some dinner patrons already in their dinning area, but we were not informed about the status of our seating arrangement.

Nevermind, I asked the waiter, who then scrambled to ask his manager. He returned to ask us that there is no seats available and if we would not mind having dinner at the bar. Mood - abit pissed.

I rejected his suggestions, he went back to the manager, who then came over to try his luck. He suggested convert a low coffee table as our dinning table. I swear my face was black but he probably didn't really noticed under the low-light condition.

I pointed out to him that there are a couple of 4-seater square tables which I spotted as empty from where I was sitting and asked why I could not take any of those. He finally relented and we got the outermost table situated just at the entrance of the dinning area.

While trying to recover from the unpleasant experience, one of their staff toppled their table lamp on their tiny serving tables next to us. Glasses splashed over the floor. No apologies, though the incident happen just 1.5 meters away from my table.

Food was alright, ambience was not too bad. But service could have really been better....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home