Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Day 2: Looking at the world with one and a half eyes

The swelling on the eyes subsided today but I soon find myself getting blurred vision on the left. Most likely the Mak Cham has burst and pus came out. Then I realised that I kept tasting something bitter in my throat, especially after I applied the eye drops. After a few tries, I confirmed it was the eye drops that I tasted! I was stupefied as to how it travel from my eyes into my throat?!

After doing some checks with my colleagues and the world wide web, it turns out that the throat is indeed connected to the eye. When I blinked my eyes, the eye drops get forced into lacrimal canal, then into the nose, then into the back of the throat. So the best practise is not to blink. Just close your eyes and use a tissue to wipe off the eye drops.

I double checked the bottle. It says "FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY". I wonder how true is that.

Hopefully my eyes get better tomorrow, otherwise I would be tasting eye drops for another day.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger aud said...

omg. u mean u only realised that just days before ur 33rd birthday??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home