Sunday, July 09, 2006

I am Singaporean

Inspired by Mr Brown, this is my version of I am Singaporean:

I am coming to 34 years of age.

I have being living in a HDB flat since young.

I have paid an obscene amount of money for the current one I am in but I will only own in 25 years.

I buy Toto occasionally, especially when the jackpot is 1.5 Million.

I bet on the World Cup matches though I don’t play football.

I bought my first car 2 years ago, but it will be another 5 years before I own it.

I ‘fast forward’ my watch when I tear my carpark coupon.

I don’t like taxi-drivers who stopped suddenly in-front of me and on their hazard light and I hate drivers who tail-gate me at 100 KM/HR.

I voted recently in the general election but I knew it did not affect anything.

I speak English at work and swear hokkien expletives in my reservist in-camp training.

I like to have teh-c with bread or mee chiam kueh to kick start my morning.

I love to eat Hill Street char kuey tiao, Lavendar Street Zhu Za Tang, Johnson roast duck, Maxwell road ondeh ondeh, Beach Road prawn noodles and Jalan Kayu roti prata.

I don’t ‘chop’ seats with tissue, but sometimes I hover behind unknowing patrons engrossed in their food.

I didn’t subscribe to SCV for the World Cup channels, but I watched more than half the matches on SCTV.

We are Singaporean.

So say we all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home