Monday, May 01, 2006

May day weekend

I didn't exactly rest that well over the May day weekend as emotions were up and down.

Yesterday as I droved by a neat and clean estate, looking for car park lot, only to find some Man In Black doing sentry duties at a few car park entrance. I thought some VIP must be visiting the Heartlander's place so security has to be tight. Wonder who? I ended up parking at quite some distance away from the nicely lit shopping mall.

Later on, as I walk passed a slightly muddy open field, I was overwhelmed by the presence of tens of thousand of people congregating there. I didn't stay too long in case there were rowdy behaviour and the authorities would step in. I thought I saw some 'red buses' somewhere.

Today, I thought I could get my regular world news on TV but it kept showing people slimming people, about dying of hunger (in Singapore) and over-reliance blah blah blah....

So I switched to my alternative channel - the world wild web, only to start pondering where to retire in 30 years time when ageing population issue might become a really really serious issue.

Time to call my insurance agent to get some advice on retirement plans?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home