Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday Blue

Andre Agassi, former world no.1 and probably one of the best tennis player that I ever remember (not that I am a tennis fan), lost in his final match at the U.S. Open after he announce his retirement. He is only 36 but guess that's the thing about sports - you can never play the game forever. Reminds me of Michael Jordan who came out of retirement but couldn't match up to his pre-retirement glory days during the Chicago Bull era.

But the news of the day (or at least in the office) has got to be the death of Mr. Crocodile - Steve Irwin. Details on his death was reported on the Entertainment (duh) section in CNN.com. My colleague said she first read the news in CNA (Channelnewsasia) under Entertainment section as well but it was later re-classified under Asia Pacific news.

I have only caught a handful of crocodile or wild life related shows by Steve Irwin. I can recollect that I quite like his shows, probably due to his passionate and zealous persona more than the animals featured. And who would have guessed he, the man who faced countless deadly reptiles would died suddenly after being stung by a stingray.

Life is definitely full of uncertainty and surprises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home