Monday, March 05, 2007

Judgement Day

Finally, the day has come when I was required to appear before a judge at the Subordinate Court's Primary Dispute Resolution Center for the hearing on my motorcar accident in 2005. Besides the plaintiff (Jag driver), the second car driver was there as well and she told me she would just speak the truth. I was pretty grateful as her statement would determine if the Jag was telling the truth or not.

When the time came, the 3 of us went inside and the judge asked each of us to describe what happened on that fateful day. I shan't say too much here as I don't know what is the legal implication. After hearing the stories from all parties involved, the judge concluded that the Jaguar driver was 45% liable, the lady driver had stopped in time and err on judgement, hence 10% liability. I was the rear driver who created the physical contact for all 3 cars, thus at least 45% liable for the damage to the first car.

I was quite satisfied with the judgement, but the same cannot be said for the Jag driver. He didn't accept the judgement's recommendation and said he 'need to speak to his lawyer'.

So as it stands today, I am still waiting for a possible trial, yes a real trial if that fellow is not willing to settle.

Cross my fingers for the moment...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home