Monday, September 18, 2006

100 places to see before I die

I was at Wheelock place to register for the Terry Fox Run on Saturday. After which I went to browse through the books at Borders bookstore. That's where I stumble upon an interesting book title call "1,000 Places to See Before You Die". The notion of 'die-die' must see before your soul depart your mortal body before going up (or down) was captivating. I couldn't resist the temptation to do a quick scan of the book and found the short description in the book not too fascinating. But nonetheless, the title had kept me thinking since then.

What were the places I wanted to see me I die?

I don't think I have a thousand places I would like to visit. Firstly, I doubt I have the time and secondly, I don't belong to the rich and famous.

On top of my head, here's the top 10 places I would like to see before I die, in no order of preference:
1. Great Wall of China
The greatest achievement of the first Emperor of Ancient China, Shih Hwang Ti. It's definitely a place I would like to visit before I die. But I doubt I will attempt to conquer the whole 10,000 li. I probably die before I completed it.

2. Forbidden City, BeiJing, China
The palace where the Ming and Qin Dynasty Emperors stayed and rule China. Featured in so many of China and Hong Kong movies and drama serial, I really wanna see how this ancient palace of so many historical events looks like.

3. Yosemite, California, United States
A nature park that many of my colleagues visited during their trip to the United States. I got to go see how scenic is that place.

4. Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States
One of seven natural wonders of the world. Standing anyway in the Canyon is comparable to looking at Singapore on the globe? Hopefully I have a chance to go there and indulge in mother nature's creation.

5. Hokkaido, Japan
I always love snow. Don't ask me why, but everytime the word snow comes into my mind, the word Hokkaido would pop up. I don't ski, but I think I would still love this part of Japan.

6. The Sagrada Família church, Barcelona, Spain
Saw this in the Meteor Garden, a Taiwanese drama base on a Japanese manga. Any architecture building in Europe always amazes me. This is one that I have yet to visit and its top of my list for historical architecture structure.

7. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
I always wanted to see this metallic tower that Superman saved Lois Lane from her fall. Hang on, that's from a movie scene. Nevermind, I still want to visit and take a picture of it.

8. Las Vegas, United States
A city in the middle of the desert that survive base on human's indulgence in 'entertainment'. A city that never sleeps. Sounds familiar?

9. Shanghai, China
One of the most 'happening' places in China right now. So must go and see lah.

10. New York City, United States
The Big Apple. I would never forget that night when I saw on TV how the plane crash into the World Trade Center building and how the 2 towers collapsed into rubbles.

So what are the 10 or 100 places you would like to see before you die?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow these places sound amazing!! I am definatly going to see these places now!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home