Monday, December 04, 2006

飘洋过海去美国 - Across the pacific ocean

Had to travel to US for some training this week. Cos of the marathon, I got a flight out of Singapore on Monday evening. I went quite early to the boarding gate but almost missed my flight - the stupid SIA changed boarding gate. Fortunately a caucasian lady passenger noticed the change on the right corner of LED announcement board and informed those around. So we quickly went to search for the new boarding gate which was at the other side of Changi Airport Terminal 2. Fortunately we weren't too late.

On board the plane, I tried to watch Miami Vice but found it unwatchable and quitted after 20 minutes. Then I tried watching Pirates of The Carribean Part 2. Turn out to be a better choice than Miami Vice. Johnny Depp was despicably cool as Captain Jack Sparrow. The show was entertaining, unfortunately the ending was a cliffhanger, signifying a Part 3.

Had to transit at Hong Kong and went through a baggage security screening that applies to all the passengers. Started second leg of my route watching Superman 2 and thought it wasn't that fascinating. Watchable, but not very exciting. Managed to catch a few hours of sleep before I woke up for breakfast and watched another movie; this time a Hong Kong movie - Election 2. It was worst than Superman 2. Enough said.

The flight was early and touched down at 4.50 pm pacific time at San Francisco International Airport. I got my luggage and went to take the Sky Train to the Car Rental Center.

Blue Line to Car Rental Center.

Got bit of navigation problem initially when trying to get out of SFO but eventually found my way to 101 south. Traffic was heavy but I survived my first lonely drive to the hotel and check in around 7 pm. My colleagues weren't in the hotel so I decided to walk over to a fast food restaurant and grabbed a quick bite there.

Wendy's, opposite Wild Palms Hotel Sunnyvale

Spicy chicken burger. Taste bit like KFC.

When I got back to the hotel, my hand was freezing. I told myself that I should drive instead from now on....


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger aud said...

1 hand freezing only aa? I'm wondering where the other hand was getting its warmth from...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home