Thursday, November 09, 2006

What is Love?

My friend Kenneth recently wrote in his blog about what is true love? This is a question which I always ponder over many many moons ago, when I was in my school canteen, when I was in the army camp, when I was in the university hostel....but I have since stop thinking.

One thing for sure, parents love for their child and grandchildren is definitely selfless unconditional love. Being a father myself, I have came to that revelation and respect my parents, especially my mother, much more than before. I have learnt to be more tolerant and less demanding, more patient and less critical.

So what is love? Love is to expect less, not more. Love is to give spontaneously, and take less. Love is to share and not possess. Love stands the test of time. Love brings you passion and give you energy to go through difficulty moments.

I read this in the Bible many many years ago which I thought is quite a good description of love as well.

Love is patient, Love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud, It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

Love Never Fails.

Have you found love?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger aud said...

u read Bibles?!?!???!!!?!?!!

that's news to me leh!!!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember my dear friend, love needs to be nurtured. ;>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home