Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Secret Garden@Sculpture Square

I was invited to attend an ex-colleague's wedding dinner reception that was held at a small establishment located in Sculpture Square. I was not unfamiliar with the location, this being my second visit, the first experience was a wedding lunch reception of a colleague. It was a casual but nonetheless significant event for the bridegroom (and his bride of cos) who went around entertaining his 70 odd guests. Unlikely the recent wedding dinner I attended in May, where everyone at the banquet table were all total strangers, I was glad to be in the company of a few ex-colleagues, whom some I had not met for quite a while.
We chatted, had beer and watched the slides that was put up, while anxiously waited for the food. The beer they served had a nice fragrance to it.

The lobster bisque was served around 9 followed by the the Caesar salad with salmon sashimi, some half hour after I consumed the soup.

As usual, the MCee tried to have a little fun with the newly wed....The long awaited main course (crayfish spaghetti ) was served at 10. It went down well into my stomach, considered that I was pretty hungry.
I didn't get to taste the dessert though, as I had to rush back to pick up my little one. Guess I would have to find out from my ex-colleagues, one of whom had the honour of an extra serving of the brownies that I ordered.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the luxury of sharing the 4 types of deserts which were served at about 10:30pm that night.

We had brownie,tiramisu, bread pudding and toffee cake. The tiramisu was great, very rich in flavour, brownie was good as well (you can go wrong with chocolate), bread pudding - well not too sweet so that was good too. I love the toffee cake, nice and hot, served with the caramel. Overall deserts were great!

Cheers
BC

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger JT said...

argh...thanks for the update beng chong...now i knew what I missed :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home